** SIGN UP ** All New Accts. with 0 Post, Reply, or No Intro. or No Pic of your rifle will be put on INACTIVE status as a precaution against Spam

Pimped my FN8

nu
nutshot

#1 Pimped my FN8

Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Pimped my Falcon Fn8 yesterday . Bought it with the plan of a mini carbine rifle conversion . I choose the Fn8 pistol as the base as they do a rifle with the same action so I new it would run at 11 ftlb and it already had a nice pistol grip so it was something I didn`t have to remake . Pistols also sell for cheaper than the rifle and I like the left hand cocking on the pistol as I think it suites a drop down pistol grip better . The original bolt handle was a bit fiddly with the scope fitted so I made a longer stainless one with a big knob on the end .

The M4 stock was originally made for a paint ball gun and was fairly cheap to buy from Hong Kong . The adaptor is made of aluminium which I shot blasted and then anodized black and I had to slightly mod the original back plug to fasten it all together . Weight is around 4 1/2 lb scoped up .
This is now permanently converted to a rifle so it can`t easily be converted back to a pistol to keep it legal. Removal of the M4 stock causes the hammer spring to drop out so it cant be fired .
Not sure if I`m allowed to talk about power adjustment so I`ll keep it brief and vague . It only took one part to be modded and I used the original hammer spring to get it up to 11 ftlb form 5.8ftlb. I`m expecting the shot count to be around 20ish per charge but Ive got to do a full string to be sure . I think they quote 25 shots off the rifle version .

nu
nutshot

#2 Re: Pimped my FN8

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Done a bit more today . Got rid of the nasty looking quick fill on the front . Decided to make a probe fill fitting and a matching filling probe and a dust plug .
I also knocked up a front sling swivel to go in the place that the barrel band normally sits . Both are still in the white but I`ll get round to anodizing them black at some point and tidy up a couple of rough edges . Got it on a leek test before I do that .
Last job will be to make a better looking silencer adaptor now which I`ll probably do next week if I get time .

Return to “Falcon”