Anchutz Reg Pressure

Steve
Go to Rifle: Walther
Where: Bolton

#11 Re: Anchutz Reg Pressure

Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:03 am

Hi Casey,I undercut the barrel where the screws contact it, stops the bur issue.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#12 Re: Anchutz Reg Pressure

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Every rifles hand built whether on a production line or not.
All parts made in bulk and just merely assembled.

Seen dozens where the barrels burred up and cant get out by normal means. Will just have to rock left and right gradually pulling out leaving zig zag grooves, no way out.
When barrels out file the high spots off, easy then to relocate barrel in same position.

Any leaks on transfer port to bolt, had 3 out of 4 recently like that and no way of manually adjusting. Have a suitable parts in Germany since end of August still awaiting German Gov paperwork clearance. About two weeks to receipt after sending couriers in to collect. The shipment after that should be ready now, dare say that will come just before Christmas when due out.
All because German couriers wont handle.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
SDplinker
Go to Rifle: Air Arms
Where: San Diego, CA

#13 Re: Anchutz Reg Pressure

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Steve wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:03 am
Hi Casey,I undercut the barrel where the screws contact it, stops the bur issue.
Good idea Steve - will see about having that done. In the meantime will polish up.
SDplinker

#14 Re: Anchutz Reg Pressure

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:31 pm

Jon wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:20 pm
Every rifles hand built whether on a production line or not.
All parts made in bulk and just merely assembled.

Seen dozens where the barrels burred up and cant get out by normal means. Will just have to rock left and right gradually pulling out leaving zig zag grooves, no way out.
When barrels out file the high spots off, easy then to relocate barrel in same position.

Any leaks on transfer port to bolt, had 3 out of 4 recently like that and no way of manually adjusting. Have a suitable parts in Germany since end of August still awaiting German Gov paperwork clearance. About two weeks to receipt after sending couriers in to collect. The shipment after that should be ready now, dare say that will come just before Christmas when due out.
All because German couriers wont handle.
Thanks for the barrel advice. Will file, sand, polish for now but may pursue the idea of a slight undercut. Or perhaps source set screws with hard tips made of PEEK or Delrin.

As for TP leak....YES. I think mine is doing this. It's always so late when I work on the rifle that I'm tired but I swear air was leaking out. Just to be clear, there should be zero air on or around the bolt? I know on the Steyr it's expected because of how the stablizer works. From the parts diagram, appears there is a washer or shim under the TP seal? Maybe that can be a little thicker to seal better. Wonder how many FPS I'm losing. Will test tonight with tissue paper and confirm. On the Steyr the TP is adjustable via Allen wrench. Not sure of a clever way to raise the seating surface.

If I had the skills I'd perhaps drill and tap the bolt. Install a set screw machined on outer face for an o-ring. Then the screw could be adjusted for proper seal.
Jon

#15 Re: Anchutz Reg Pressure

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Only way i cured one that went out last week 0.34mm shim.
So much so for German quality you can swap rear blocks over for another one and no shim and no leak.
Some even come where the seal is no where near the valve transfer port, usually well short and barrel pushed back.

Just got another up and running yesterday untouched reg pressure, untouched hammer adjuster and stabilisor straight in 790 8.4gr. Reg pressure usually 58 to 62 bar as they come near half whats the HP runs at.

Should be no leak on anything could be dangerous. Stabilisor no effect by the way either work, P800 yes.
SDplinker

#16 Re: Anchutz Reg Pressure

Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Jon,

See attachment for specs of my gun. Not enough volume or have I not balanced the right valve size and return spring? Easily making power but as of now at prbably 95 bar. Valve is peek .220 seat diameter. Striker backed off 3 turns

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz0Jo ... 29ablUwREE

Edit: plan to check for leaks at TP as well.
Attachments
Casey 01.png
Edit: added by Admin
Casey 02.png
Edit: added by Admin
Jon

#17 Re: Anchutz Reg Pressure

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Adequate volume and pushed it a bit too much at 10 dia. If you have a leak look where reg sits on o rings.

No need to touch valve transfer port already massive and will now add to the blow out.

If it starts dropping off at 95bar the reg pressure will be higher probably around 105 bar.
Most guages are incredibly inaccurate i was suprised how far out my last ones were by 8 bar. What i thought was 106bar turned out to be 95.8bar and same at 50bar. Against a guage with 0.4% accuracy.

Loads of little things add up but also not keen valve on a flat and prone to leaks. Some just copy the Feinwerkbau later P800 valve also prone to leaks.

Many other ways to get more poke and some experimenting necessary on each one. Even when got the power rifle should be dead as in no recoil.
Lol Moore
Go to Rifle: Steyr
Where: Chichester

#18 Re: Anchutz Reg Pressure

Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:54 am

Jon wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Just got another up and running yesterday untouched reg pressure, untouched hammer adjuster and stabilisor straight in 790 8.4gr. Reg pressure usually 58 to 62 bar as they come near half whats the HP runs at.
Jon

was that mine ;) hope so, sounds good ;) ....but then they all sound good ;)
...the barrel shoots, the stock hits the target...
Jon

#19 Re: Anchutz Reg Pressure

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:11 am

Psyching myself up for 5 initially, two to come whenever that will be.

Got nothing at all made up ready, no valves, end plugs, dust caps, rails and so on, gonna seem never ending after two weeks and little to show for it. See how it goes some things better done in bulk others not.
Attachments
Anchutz 5 off.jpg
Lol Moore
Go to Rifle: Steyr
Where: Chichester

#20 Re: Anchutz Reg Pressure

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:05 am

Jon

I know where you are coming from, I am in the midst of building 50 pre production prototype machines for field trials that are taking around 2 man days each - done 18 so far :|

Often thought what it must be like to work within the area which is also your hobby - I suppose its like working from home, with lots of ups but also quite a few downs :?:

Crank the radio volume up and go make some swarf :D

Speak soon.

Cheers mate...
...the barrel shoots, the stock hits the target...

Return to “Anschütz”