Air Arms EV2 - DISCONTINUED...

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Air Arms EV2 - DISCONTINUED...

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 am

....per here:

http://www.airarmsownersclub.com/viewto ... =2&t=44828" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Credit: Cloverleaf (UK)

"The word on the street is that the EV2 is no longer available, with a view to a replacement appearing in around March next year. Apparently back orders will be honoured but no new orders will be taken; so if you're considering one now's the time to get phoning around the dealers to find some stock. Details on the replacement are sketchy; only features I'm aware of are a detachable, probably QF cylinder and a side lever..."

Why ?

Credit: HotShot1 (UK)

"The current version is sidelever and any new gun without a quickfill would be a waste as the 99% of owners would have to get one fitted. I see no real point to a detachable cylinder for the majority of shooters. Last time AA upgraded from the Pro T to the EV they discontinued the Pro T and then took years to release the EV. Lets hope that is not the case this time. Quality control is and has always been the failing on the EV2 - if they don't fix that then people will continue to be unhappy. Dave."
Ma
MarcKA

#2 Re: Air Arms EV2 - DISCONTINUED...

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 am

Strange... Isn't the EV2 AirArms' best Pony in the Stable?
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#3 Re: Air Arms EV2 - DISCONTINUED...

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:27 pm

MarcKA wrote:Strange... Isn't the EV2 AirArms' best Pony in the Stable?

Yeah...which explains why there was a MkI , MKII , MkII , MkIV ...so they must have just thrown up their hands in the air from exasperation, due to the unacceptable high return failure rate... and decided to go back to the drawing board... I just couldnt imagine a MkV fixing the last problems ...so might as well start from scratch...which is why I dont own an EV2 :lol:
Ma
MarcKA

#4 Re: Air Arms EV2 - DISCONTINUED...

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:43 pm

To be honest, I'm not blown away by any Air Arms Model :D

But the EV2 looks like it's well constructed.. Maybe it's just Manufacturing Quality that is lacking.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#5 Re: Air Arms EV2 - DISCONTINUED...

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Another thing...I just realised...

Air Arms UK specced guns have anti tamper fitted for UK market since the last few years...

So, when your Air Arms Model XXXX breaks down and is fitted w. Anti tamper, the shop or gunsmith is NOT interested in servicing it...unless you are prepared to pay £££ to have the AT screws removed - which also VOIDS the warranty..

Conclusion ? - unintended & unforeseen consequence - every monday morning Air Arms probably receives a truck load of rifles from all over the UK, which they have to service, and spend more man hours and costs fixing those damned gremlins in the rifle....which means taking people away from assembly line...or hiring more people for a specific role.

As a side note, it is NOT UK Law that manufacturers MUST fit A/T ...Its just a way of gun makers protecting their backside.

So, effectively, by letting the user be "liable" if ever their gun is found to be over 12 ft/lb , the law will prosecute the end user...and NOT the manufacturer who have a "get out of jail" card...since the fitted A/T bolts. So a end user cannot claim,it was set a factory at over the legal limit...

The omelette has flown back into Air Arms's face.. :D

Return to “OTHER Brands ...”