Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Anschutz 8002 S2 - Bench Rest Laminate

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Stock made by Darius AKA - 'Boomslang'

Credit: Voodoo (South Africa)

More Pics Here: https://www.pimpmyairgun.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=417

Voodoo's comment:

"This was always going to be a difficult build, mainly due to the weight restriction of the LV class this rifle was to be used in, a miserly 4.762KG for complete rifle including scope. Problem here was that the Anschutz action is very heavy, and it doesn't leave a great amount of weight for the stock, what makes it even worse is the fact that we where using heavy laminate wood and the design had to follow the previous two stocks he made for me, keeping in mind that these stocks weigh more than 1kg each more than max weight the new Anschutz stock could be!

Another hurdle was the barrel band that sits inside the stock, and fastens from the front with two screws, Boomslang was concerned about this right from the start, but looking at the final product, I honestly don't know why, he managed to get it to work 100% AND made it look good!

Well, I collected the stock yesterday and as was the case with the first stocks he made for me, I was blown away by this one. Darius, you outdid yourself again, this stock is an absolute winner. Complete weight including the buttpad sits well below the max weight allowed.

Started doing some accuracy tests this morning and it is looking VERY good. Accuracy and consistency remains, in fact, consistency definately improved due to it now sitting in a dedicated benchrest stock.

Thanks again Darius, you really came through with this one against all odds!!"
Attachments
Anschutz 8002 - Darius - 5255a2ac.jpg
Anschutz 8002 - Darius - c6ae6901.jpg

Return to “OTHER Stuff ...”