Buying From Europe - 2017

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Buying From Europe - 2017

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:09 pm

credit: http://www.airgunforum.net/agf/index.ph ... 054&page=5

Well before the Brexit vote...years before...have always bought from Europe due to strong £ and saved bucket loads of cash- whether NEW or Second hand...because I read up the rules/laws, checked with FEO and received email blessings and published that on STB...

Dont thank me all at once ;)

Now the pound is on It's knees, definitely prices are more or less harmonized. Some stuff is CHEAPER than Europe, but by and large - bargains are still easier to be had in Europe and especially parts- WAY FASTER & BETTER DELIVERY to one's doorstep than the time a UK shop will respond to your email, or ever call you back...by which time, they figure 2 to 3 weeks, or months when the Agent tell them that's when they expect the next lot of incoming stuff arrives on UK shores...

The issue of UK shops going to the wall in the UK has ALWAYS been because of the UK agent . A mom & dad shop really cant sustain its business if they add £20 or £30 or very high ticket items.

Ive always said- Manufacturers should sell directly to shops - for a healthy competitive environment - all win - UK shops, UK shoppers and manufacturer...

Using a Middlemen country Agent ...well...Im a businessman, and I know what that's all about ... £££££££

I cant prove but know a scope brand being sold in Europe jacked up its price because of Grumbles from UK agent... :x :evil:

Regarding the snippet attachment...

All my kit modded by Jon - I have emails and vice versa regarding the gun, are catalogued, and all came from Europe ;)

So if anyone is in the market- looking to BUY , ask the seller to prove it with email from Jon regarding the power pimp.

PS: I dont really know about "bodge artists" and dont care to publicly name them...I can only vouch for Jon Harris & Mick Tromans work. Second to none....

I totally endorse Krale-Schietsport (and confirm I receive no commission or back handers) for referring buyers to them >> viewtopic.php?f=187&t=133

The Most important point is to have the choice & source where you spend your money - and that's a freedom discriminate shoppers will always enjoy...
Attachments
Buying From Europe.png
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#2 Re: Buying From Europe - 2017

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:50 pm

received Private Message ; my answer...

The issue is NOT provenance of gun - whether it was shop in XYZ in UK or Europe

The issue is the seller in UK having emails, vice versa (as first owner) showing that gun / serial number is indeed a Jon Harris conversion...

I foresaw this years ago...Jon has an email from me where I asked he issue a "Certificate of Authenticity" with every gun he did- in fact this forum has all of my rifles done by Jon Harris - so It'll never be a problem *If* I ever sell off..

As in real life - the mantra of 'buyer beware' applies....so email Jon & check that is indeed a Kosher "JH" mod. - otherwise walk away from the deal as the seller is a deadbeat ;)
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#3 Re: Buying From Europe - 2017

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:43 am

credit: https://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/cat ... t/?q=Steyr

Since Mondays breaking News - seems the LP50 and H5A (technically 'self indexing' ) - are Kosher in UK ;)

So here are examples

OUT of STOCK, but ask Krale...

Euro 1995 at sport rate today is £1768 (P&P is only Euro14.45 direct to your doorstep)

Roughly £200 saved over BAR pricing....

..could buy 3 SLEEVES (30 tins) of JSB pellets with the saved money from here > http://jsb-diabolos.de/?field,28
Attachments
Standard.png
Scout.png
KIMLA.png
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#4 Re: Buying From Europe - 2017

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:56 am

Credit: https://www.facebook.com/Tillysgunstocks/?fref=nf

Seems No problemo for this guy :shock: :o

I like his way of thinking...despite £ being in the crapper, I wonder how much he still managed to £££ save by buying from Europe :mrgreen:

NB: Just to make it clear, to differentiate from personal imports from Europe and Power Mod.

1) I don't like his laminate or woodwork - seems unrefined / unfinished
2) I don't know about this guy's ability to pimp and power mod.

NB: As far as Im concerned- the Guru - Jon Harris - is the ONLY person I would trust getting any Anschutz block action modded; that signature "JH Ans" "JH Fein" "JH XYZ" on any rifle brand - is worth it's weight in Gold... and you can take that Gun to the Bank :lol:
Attachments
Anschutz 9015 X 4.png

Return to “*** GENERAL CHAT / DISCUSSIONS / NEWS ***”