New 800X owner

richardhurst
Go to Rifle: FWB
Where: Stevenage

#1 New 800X owner

Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:49 am

Hi everyone. New to the forum and first time 800X owner. Would like to get some mods done and want to see what everyone recommends. Any links, prices etc would help. Definitely want a hamster wheel set up
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#2 Re: New 800X owner

Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Welcome on board Richard.

Genuine congrats on the acquisition of the Fwb.

In the UK, bar USA ... , the Guru is the only person qualified to touch your gem. Of course, am sure you know who we are referring to.

Obviously Its important you actually tells us in what capacity you wish to use your Fwb800.

HFT or FT ? or benchrest ?

And what club and what other members have you had a chance to meed/discuss with with regards to the Fwb800 ... *IF* you've joined a local club.

As far as pics galore and feedback, I recommend going through the "FEINWERKBAU" section on this forum and just read, read, read up... >> http://pimpmyairgun.com/viewforum.php?f=82

Pimping is subjective-colours etc..which is purely cosmetic; the proper "pimping" involves engineering challenges that are sorted by the UK guru...

Kindly post some pics when you have a moment (no links please- do upload to this forum direct the pictures).

Cheers 8-)

PS: Jon will be along soon enough...make sure youve got the Platinum CC ready :lol:
richardhurst

#3 Re: New 800X owner

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:26 pm

AdminMASTER wrote:Welcome on board Richard.

Genuine congrats on the acquisition of the Fwb.

In the UK, bar USA ... , the Guru is the only person qualified to touch your gem. Of course, am sure you know who we are referring to.

Obviously Its important you actually tells us in what capacity you wish to use your Fwb800.

HFT or FT ? or benchrest ?

And what club and what other members have you had a chance to meed/discuss with with regards to the Fwb800 ... *IF* you've joined a local club.

As far as pics galore and feedback, I recommend going through the "FEINWERKBAU" section on this forum and just read, read, read up... >> http://pimpmyairgun.com/viewforum.php?f=82

Pimping is subjective-colours etc..which is purely cosmetic; the proper "pimping" involves engineering challenges that are sorted by the UK guru...

Kindly post some pics when you have a moment (no links please- do upload to this forum direct the pictures).

Cheers 8-)

PS: Jon will be along soon enough...make sure youve got the Platinum CC ready :lol:
Lol. I'm sure he will. I have already ordered the Rowan Engineering forearm mechanism for it.

At the moment I've been using it at my local indoor range on the bench/tables there. They have various rifles there to hire and tried the fwb 800 on my first visit which i loved, then tried the FTP900 which I wanted to like but just didn't seem to get along with it, then I tried the Tsar which was nice. On my next visit one of the staff had returned the 800X which they had been using at home and I fell in love with it (think it was because I hit dead centre on the first 4 targets I tried at 35 yards :P ) so like a fool I was smitten.

Am keen to try a bit of FT and HFT to be honest and believe there is a club quite close to me, Cambridge HFT which I may pop along and get advice and give it a try.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#4 Re: New 800X owner

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Don't tighten the rowan thing up, guarantee zero shift on top of what you already have.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
richardhurst

#5 Re: New 800X owner

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Jon wrote:Don't tighten the rowan thing up, guarantee zero shift on top of what you already have.
Hi Jon. Do you mean don't tighten it up too much to the rail on the underneath where the original part was? I've circled a picture here (not my rifle) I'm using the adjustable mount and the rowan palm rest also
Attachments
IMG_0370 1.jpg
IMG_0370 1.jpg (71.24 KiB) Viewed 1787 times
Jon

#6 Re: New 800X owner

Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:29 pm

Position where it is now circled is the weakest and will throw any possibility in future of it holding zero. Fixing it there whether loose or nipped up will deform the plate.
Seen dozens where they've been pinned in the T slot the easy way out rather than make properly, the cradle deforms the bore which has only 0.4mm at best clearance.
Bipod fine, its made correct.

Admin, had them in US sorted long before the factory and US tinkerer, both don't sort zero shift.
richardhurst

#7 Re: New 800X owner

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Jon wrote:Position where it is now circled is the weakest and will throw any possibility in future of it holding zero. Fixing it there whether loose or nipped up will deform the plate.
Seen dozens where they've been pinned in the T slot the easy way out rather than make properly, the cradle deforms the bore which has only 0.4mm at best clearance.
Bipod fine, its made correct.

Admin, had them in US sorted long before the factory and US tinkerer, both don't sort zero shift.
Thanks for your advice, Obviously I'd like my rifle to hold zero. So as your saying not to fix there what options do I have if I want to use that hamster set up. The fixing plate I've used is this one that has an adjustable screw and two little grub screws. Are you saying to move it slightly one way or the other into a better position or use a completely different mounting option, if so what??
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 13.24.44.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 13.24.44.png (144.85 KiB) Viewed 1732 times
Jon

#8 Re: New 800X owner

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:11 pm

Junk the screw type method, its just a simple drill and tap 3 minutes rather than make it properly.
Find them way too low when fully closed up only need 1/2" below cradle, above adds about 2 1/2" closed up leads to instability.

Needs a proper clamp method of attachment like the bipod.

Return to “Feinwerkbau”