Feinwerkbau 800; Stock reduction

Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#21 Re: Feinwerkbau 800; Stock reduction

Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Here it was at the Euros September 2014
Bedded in correctly and new stock fixing put in. 1 in 3 rotate on the two side fixings no matter how tight theyre done up and don't want anything at all touching cylinder or reg.

Stripped stock and re anodised grey retaining the Feinwerkbau logos etc.

It was then painted with the Wicked Coatings supplied Soft Touch they get from Italy.
1 days use can see the soft touch peeling on first day of Euros, avoid and to this day neither company have returned the call or email. To remove it was washed off and or finger nail used. The only place it wont come off is the pistol grip and cheek, original felt so much better. Used approx 100ml of soft touch paint and still got around 900ml left no use for anything , even indoors where its to be handled.
JH Feinwerkbau P800X Jon Harris no070001.jpg
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
NeilM
Go to Rifle: Whiscombe
Where: Weston-super-Mare

#22 Re: Feinwerkbau 800; Stock reduction

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Not really my cup of tea Jon, although I do like the colours, but your skill and workmanship is utterly breathtaking.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#23 Re: Feinwerkbau 800; Stock reduction

Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:55 pm

I would try the P800X stock Neil, like yourself I am an avid hater of aluminium production stocks designed for another discipline. Theyre not bad at all quite usable in standard fashion, once setup you will wonder why the so called made to measure stocks producers have been pulling the wool over peoples eyes for decades unchallenged.

I'll have a look in to importing some orange/grey/silver laminate.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.

Return to “Feinwerkbau”