FWB800 Barrel ???

SDplinker
Go to Rifle: Air Arms
Where: San Diego, CA

#11 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:42 am

AdminMASTER wrote:Casey

Yes, same gun.

Manufacturer chap let me in on secret...

Said: we make some barrels for ....fwb...and Steyr Benchrest model...

I cant prove/dispprove.

He is an Engineer and genuinely no idea if he IS the owner of TAU Brno.

So, will twist his arm at IWA 2015 , as he did not respond to my numerous emails this past year to buy 3 barrels. :roll:
Well as this gun is $750 on sale it might be worth a flyer to try it out. The Steyrs are super popular but whenever I keep reading about pellet flakes, nickel coming off, cleaning every 30-50 shots etc etc etc I makes me nervous. Seems like luck of the draw.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#12 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:29 am

...careful reading Casey...

Steyr BENCHREST models only (as in - not for all the Steyr LG110s) ;)

Like I said...its a claim, as It cannot be substantiated ever by Steyr , unless they tell me straight in face next year "Yes, Its true"...or simply burst out laughing . But then again, both parties may have signed a Non Disclosure Agreement, and can spin whatever story...

With Fwb, Im guessing - they will simply deny...

Hence Its important I get my hands on 3 sample barrels TAU Brno claims they make for both brands. Jon will inspect 1, and advise on how it was manufactured, and will no doubt test , by fititing to his Fwb800 for further performance testing.

PS: contact Peter Plesinger (TGAG) , and ask him, to ask the Czech guy the story behind the barrels - if true or what..or horseshit...perhaps you will have some luck there :?: ;)
SDplinker

#13 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Emailed Peter to make sure the Mk-300 they have listed is actually for sale.

I got in touch with a Portuguese shooter who just came in 4th in their nationals with one. It had many of the normal PCP issues - barrel needed cleaning and running in, POI shifts due to A-frame, transfer port had a burr and JSB's actually sat over the transfer port due to being longer than Crosman Premiers and caused accuracy issues. He said with these things sorted including longer pellet probe it stacks the pellets. The scope mount looks a bit agricultural as does the whole gun but the concept seems relatively sound. Tempting as a low-ish cost option. I would pay at least twice as much for a 2nd hand EV2/TM1000 over here and perhaps 2.5-3x for a Steyr/FTP900/P70FT. Of note, an American finished top 5 at worlds with a S400 MPR - certainly not a race gun but in capable hands can do the job.

Also tempted to buy a Anschutz 2002 in alu stock - sell off the stock and have the Annie action for about $600. Get it in a wood stock, follow mods per Jon and give it a go.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#14 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:08 pm

When he replies...IF Positive & confirms the story...let us know IF Peter can get his hands on 1 or 2 barrels..
De
Delphinus

#15 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 am

We have a TAU in Portugal and the guy is improving the scores but he had a big problem with it the rifle the pellet probe doesn’t insert the pellet over the port hole so when it fires the squirt of the pellet is deformed, with a short and hard pellet the problem is minor.
He solve it pushing the pellet further it a piece of metal.
With the probe hole to use in some rifles it’s necessary to chop it.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#16 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:23 am

Delphinus wrote:We have a TAU in Portugal and the guy is improving the scores but he had a big problem with it the rifle the pellet probe doesn’t insert the pellet over the port hole so when it fires the squirt of the pellet is deformed, with a short and hard pellet the problem is minor.

The barrel MIGHT be worth Gold, IF this is indeed the ones being fitted to Fwb 800

Mystery should be solved soon...Tau Brno talking cow manure, or maybe its true...we shall see ;)

NB: In any case , I have bought a Fwb800 barrel from Bogdan Kimla, so barrels are available at around Euro300+ ; it will be fitted on my Anschutz 8002 S2 next year (by Jon ;) )
SDplinker

#17 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:38 am

AdminMASTER wrote:
Delphinus wrote:We have a TAU in Portugal and the guy is improving the scores but he had a big problem with it the rifle the pellet probe doesn’t insert the pellet over the port hole so when it fires the squirt of the pellet is deformed, with a short and hard pellet the problem is minor.

The barrel MIGHT be worth Gold, IF this is indeed the ones being fitted to Fwb 800

Mystery should be solved soon...Tau Brno talking cow manure, or maybe its true...we shall see ;)

NB: In any case , I have bought a Fwb800 barrel from Bogdan Kimla, so barrels are available at around Euro300+ ; it will be fitted on my Anschutz 8002 S2 next year (by Jon ;) )
Peter you need to actually start shooting FT or BR and show us some stats man!!! :D

Have not heard from TGAG yet. Will call tomorrow.
SDplinker

#18 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:39 am

Is that Vasco Rodrigues? He mentioned this. I suppose the probe could be lengthened or barrel chopped and transfer port redone. Overall he seems to feel it's a pretty good rifle and the trigger is good. Have you had a chance to try it out ??
De
Delphinus

#19 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:39 am

Yes is Vasco rifle I didn't shoot it yet I'm sure it can be fixed with a longer probe.
SDplinker

#20 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Delphinus wrote:Yes is Vasco rifle I didn't shoot it yet I'm sure it can be fixed with a longer probe.
Vasco sent me some pictures. It looks pretty nice! He did say that dealing with Tau-Brno was not easy though.

Return to “Feinwerkbau”