FWB800 Barrel ???

AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#21 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:51 pm

SDplinker wrote:
Delphinus wrote:Yes is Vasco rifle I didn't shoot it yet I'm sure it can be fixed with a longer probe.
Vasco sent me some pictures. It looks pretty nice! He did say that dealing with Tau-Brno was not easy though.

Yes, that Czech Engineer chap, who happens to be General Manager (perhaps owner ?)

..he never replied to my emails after IWA 2014 when I followed up with requests (maybe he's never heard of Google Translator :?: ).

He talks the "talk" ......Jon you would LUV this guy...after 5 minutes my head was spinning he got so technical like a Nuclear Physicist talking about atoms, neutrons, and dark matter .. total boffin...even looks the part :lol:
SDplinker
Go to Rifle: Air Arms
Where: San Diego, CA

#22 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:52 am

No reply from Top-Gun....the rifle for sale is the 10m model. I asked about the possibility of barrels, parts etc and it's been crickets ever since.
Jon
Go to Rifle: JH

#23 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:44 pm

I would give them a wide birth Casey if they cant be bothered to answer a prospective sales call, whats the customer service like.
If a jobs worth doing, do it right or not at all.
mg
mgkd

#24 Tau MK300 barrel

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:10 am

I have one of these and it is a rather strange barrel: it is the first barrel I have found to shoot well .177 JSB 13.4 grain at 24J . It does not like Air Arms or JSB 10.3 .
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#25 Re: Tau MK300 barrel

Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:10 am

mgkd wrote:I have one of these and it is a rather strange barrel: it is the first barrel I have found to shoot well .177 JSB 13.4 grain at 24J . It does not like Air Arms or JSB 10.3 .

Sounds about right...part of the conversation I havent revealed till now....the guy says - they ...MAKE ANY BARREL SPEC TO ANY SPECIFIC PELLET BRAND, AND SPECIFIC PELLET CHARACTERISTIC...and I mean the guy goes on to say Flat head versus domed pellets & weight as well ...

:shock: which I thought far fetched till now...

:o

Ok , at IWA 2015 , Ive got to do some more arm twisting and get a load more details. :geek:
mg
mgkd

#26 Continued: Tau MK300 barrel saga

Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:44 am

I am getting somewhere with this barrel. Here is what I learned after a lot of testing:
-It needs cleaning every 30-50 shots at this point. The bore fouls up quickly.
-I "fire-lapped" the barrel by shooting pellets coated with JB non-embedding bore paste. This process improved groups significantly but the barrel still fouls up quickly. I will try different batches of 13.4 grain pellets to see what happens.
-This barrel works well with 4.5mm JSB 13.4grain pellets only.
-It shoots better with barrel weights(about 100 grams near the muzzle end).

5-shot 50-yard groups are averaging about 11mm center-to-center but more work is needed.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin

#27 Re: Continued: Tau MK300 barrel saga

Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:26 am

mgkd wrote:I am getting somewhere with this barrel. Here is what I learned after a lot of testing:
-It needs cleaning every 30-50 shots at this point. The bore fouls up quickly.
-I "fire-lapped" the barrel by shooting pellets coated with JB non-embedding bore paste. This process improved groups significantly but the barrel still fouls up quickly. I will try different batches of 13.4 grain pellets to see what happens.
-This barrel works well with 4.5mm JSB 13.4grain pellets only.
-It shoots better with barrel weights(about 100 grams near the muzzle end).

5-shot 50-yard groups are averaging about 11mm center-to-center but more work is needed.

Can you please post some pics whenever, or whatever aspects you want - barrel, bore paste coated pellet, groupings before & after etc..?

Thks for the update
vf
vfrod

#28 Re: Tau MK300 barrel

Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:09 pm

AdminMASTER wrote:
mgkd wrote:I have one of these and it is a rather strange barrel: it is the first barrel I have found to shoot well .177 JSB 13.4 grain at 24J . It does not like Air Arms or JSB 10.3 .

Sounds about right...part of the conversation I havent revealed till now....the guy says - they ...MAKE ANY BARREL SPEC TO ANY SPECIFIC PELLET BRAND, AND SPECIFIC PELLET CHARACTERISTIC...and I mean the guy goes on to say Flat head versus domed pellets & weight as well ...

:shock: which I thought far fetched till now...

:o

Ok , at IWA 2015 , Ive got to do some more arm twisting and get a load more details. :geek:
Hello:

I believe, from experience, that Tau makes a pellet specific loading chamber, in my case specific to the CP/CPL pellets. To shoot with JSB express or exact, I have to seat the pellets 17mm deep from the barrel entrance!! Mgkd: something to try if you want to use different pellets, I'm very curious about the results...

Best regards,

Vasco
mg
mgkd

#29 Re: FWB800 Barrel ???

Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:08 am

Vasco,
You are quite correct about the long entry section of the barrel. In the process of converting this barrel to use on a Steyr I cut off this section. The new barrel entry was polished using very fine emery cloth, etc.

At some point I will post pics of targets, etc. from my process but they are rather difficult to follow as I did not have plans to use them as a show-and-tell.

Return to “Feinwerkbau”