AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#1 Feinwerkbau 800 FT Basic - A Czech Review

Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Credit: http://www.fieldtarget.cz/clanky/vetrovky/fwb-800.html

----------

"Company Feinwerkbau Westinger & Altenburger GmbH was founded shortly after the Second World War in 1951 by former employees of the company lords Mauser Charles Westingerem and Ernst Altenburger. Initially the company manufactured precision components for several well-established companies. This period also falls development of electro-mechanical calculators, which are produced in considerable numbers at the plant in Wilhelmshaven and was at that time very advanced product."

"After a time, he fell some postwar limitations for weapons production, the founders of the company (both experienced weapon designers) returned to his original profession and developed the first first sporting rifle FWB Model 100 with a fixed principal, followed by the Model 150, which was equipped with side cocking lever, fixed main and patented system to control the recoil, and which, at the time of their properties even forced a reduction in the size of competitive targets. The same success soon managed to repeat with a gun FWB Model 65 is also worth mentioning LP 90 , which was the first gun in the world with electronic triggers. A new era in the company then began in 1997 with the advent of weapons of compressed air (PCP - Pre Charged Pneumatic). Currently Feinwerkbau still resides in Oberndorf and managed by the sons of the founders. Along with Anschutz, Walther and Steyr belong to the so-called. 'Big Four leading manufacturers of arms race."

"The focus of PCP production of weapons lies in the many versions of the model 800 is interesting model 75 magazine for 5 rounds designed for biathlon. And I saw the news Sport model, which is a classical breaking airgun. From the gun is made racing model P44, then more gunfire intended for the training model P11 and P58 pětiranový model for rapid disciplines. Another important group is small caliber rifles and pistols for the charge .22LR and percussion model underhammer History for shooting black powder."

"With 16 joules company flirted a few years ago, when produced model P70 FT, followed by quite a long pause until a year ago, there were reports of šestnáctijoulovém model FT 800, which was first introduced to the public at this year's IWA in Nuremberg. The introduction into series production was accompanied by protracted problems, allegedly in legislation, which is expected to permit the German testing authority (in Germany pays for air guns limit of 7.5 J). Finally, he apparently managed to solve everything with a gun recently got to dealers."

"FWB 800 Target Field is available in two variants pažeb. Full fat version has an aluminum body and perfect adjustable elements. Target Field Basic version with wooden stock would be called a "social edition" if it can be so called gun with a price less than CZK 50 thousand (1900 EUR), the aluminum version is even about 20,000 more expensive. The weapon is at first sight that the producer tried to save not only on the material stock, but mainly on the quantity and quality of the adjustable elements."

"FWB 800 FT is typical sports special for outdoor shooting competitions FT / HFT. It is therefore a single-shot weapon with an output of 16 J (20 J respectively for other countries) sports butt and trigger that is able to accurately engage targets at a distance of 50 meters. The barrel has a length of 425 mm (there are also 622 mm version) caliber 4.5 mm, which is in the frame planted in quite a long lead and secured by just three screws. From the outside it looks very thick barrel, but when the detail view we find that this is only the outer shell and cover their own hides inside the barrel (pipe-in-pipe system). The outer tube exceeds barrel and is operated by a powerful extension reminiscent compensator or muzzle brake, but performs only visual function because there are no openings for directing the flow of air. With a little imagination could be this "shell" can be considered a sliding weight. What I noticed shooters usually take off the device or partition placed in him, so that you can partially fulfill the function of the compensator noise."

"A special feature is that they cover the entire length of the tube is 11 mm milled groove. I admit that its meaning remained hidden to me. This is probably a legacy of the other versions, for example, designed for biathlon, which I saw in the groove of the cartridge holder attached, or with its help can be attached any weight for importing weapons."

"The barrel is a place for large pressurized canister with a working pressure of 200 bar. This is for filling must be unscrewed from the gun and inserted into the filler bits and diving into the cylinder. However, as in Steyr, and adds Feinwerkbau filling nozzle rather unreasonably only 200 bar bottles which have a shorter thread. So if you are today far more convenient bottle with 300 bar valve, so you have to use a liner that is not with regard to safety rather questionable. The cartridge is made of aluminum and is therefore very lightweight. The current pressure is informed shooter gauge in front of a field marked with color and markings with values ​​in bars. The good consistency and air flow ensures internal pressure regulator, which is in this category rifles matter of course."

"The rifle has a very unusual way to lock conclusion. It is dominated by a bulky lever on the right side, which can be freely rotate. This is a very good gadget, because the shooter is forced open end by moving the lever upwards as the Walther LG300 and solve problems with the optics and mounting, but can be set at the end of the opening movement of the lever downward forward (like eg. Lever- in Winchester action, just to the side), or it can be easily swapped to the opposite side for left-handed shooters."

"Tension lever is connected with two reversible lever on the opposite side, which are responsible for opening and locking the slide and resemble conclusion Parabellum pistol. After cocking lever tension will reveal the striking mechanism and charging windows and gunner can easily insert pellet directly into the barrel in a similar way like u Steyr LG110. On the left side there is a small sliding lever that disconnects the striker from the valve and allows training dry."

"The stock is Basic model is made of beech wood and has a very robust and solid impression. Using wood managed total weight maintained at 3.9 kg (i.e.. 0.7 kilograms less compared with the aluminum version). Such a security, convenience and options as separate handle higher models butt of course this does not yet, however, due to its perpendicular slope holds very well."

"Cheek piece and butt are made of plastic rather dubious, which spoils the otherwise good impression. But at least allow basic settings with regard to the height of scope and shooter's physical layout. Here are a manufacturer trying to save a little overdone, but on the other hand, let's be happy, I did not have to be adjustable at all ..."

"Unlike cheek and shoes, this particular weapon absolutely top palmrest from higher model. Palmrest is adjustable in all directions up, down, forward and backward tilt, including a tilting sideways."

"Palmrest is mounted in a standard bottom runners, which may also serve to attach any additional accessories."

"The upper edge of the frame is sufficient length 11 mm standard milled groove for mounting optics. For test purposes, I planted a gun optics 6-24x50 Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical Mildot with the syllabus. Test shooting to determine the accuracy of the weapon was in the tunnel JSB at a distance of 45 meters (50 y). To determine the practical behavior of the shooting are then fired at sklopky out in the open."

"The result will be more influenced by the fact that it was the very first shots that this completely new weapon fired, but precision rifle shooting certainly did not disappoint and desetiranové series reached the standard variance for this kind of weapon with commonly encountered. I myself wondering if and how the variance changes after vystřílení say 5-10 thousand wounds. Current result you can see on the attached photos for a better idea is downrange attached crown coin with a diameter of 20 mm."

"When shooting on the drop targets also have been no surprise. During firing is typically sporty, fast and short arms are not held inside any large movements of heavy bodies. The ability to hit targets has great influence quality trigger and the model 800 is a sports and of course fully adjustable."

"The gun comes in a black plastic case along with nástřelným sheet, filling and drain extension and a set of basic tools."

"Finally no choice but to say that it is a novelty on the market, so the overall assessment, we will have to wait until it examines participation in races because better test than shooting throughout the year in different conditions, temperatures and weather there. First of all, I wonder how he will do at the Winter Cup, where the cheaper wooden stock may paradoxically prove to be a better solution."
Attachments
FWB800-028.JPG
FWB800-047.JPG
FWB800-004.JPG
FWB800-009.JPG
FWB800-002.JPG
FWB800-027.JPG
FWB800-006.JPG
FWB800-056.JPG
FWB800-055.JPG
FWB800-046.JPG
FWB800-030.JPG
FWB800-015.JPG
FWB800-033.JPG
FWB800-005.JPG
FWB800-024.JPG
FWB800-022.JPG
FWB800-021.JPG
FWB800-031.JPG
FWB800-018.JPG
FWB800-019.JPG
FWB800-020.JPG
FWB800-032.JPG
FWB800-012.JPG
FWB800-013.JPG
FWB800-023.JPG
FWB800-010.JPG
FWB800-042.JPG
FWB800-017.JPG
FWB800-049.JPG
FWB800-050.JPG
FWB800-043.JPG
FWB800-044.JPG
FWB800-053.JPG
JSB_testy.JPG
FWB800-035.JPG
FWB800-040.JPG
FWB800-051.JPG
FWB800-052.JPG
FWB800-008.JPG
FWB800-048.JPG
hu
huey-pilot

#2 Re: Feinwerkbau 800 FT Basic - A Czech Review

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Thanks for your nice review. I would like to know the number of full power shots that you are able to get before refilling the air cylinder.
AdminMASTER
Site Admin
Go to Rifle: Feinwerkbau 800
Where: London

#3 Re: Feinwerkbau 800 FT Basic - A Czech Review

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:35 pm

credit: Mel - Huey Pilot (USA) > http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/t ... +Air+Rifle

" I purchased one of these last fall from PA, I believe that I received the first of the 3 that they received. Very nice air gun but I have had to do some work on it. The stock to action fit was poor so I used a glass bedding compound to correct this, the pellet energy was about 10.3 fpe so I had to make an adjustment to the hammer spring to correct this to bring it up to 11.8 fpe. You can adjust the velocity by adjusting the screw behind the hammer spring, a set screw holds this in place. You will not be able to just use an allen wrench to loosen this screw since it has been semi-permanently installed. I was able to get this screw out without damage but I have also been a hobby gunsmith for 45 years and have tools to prove it.

I have an indoor 10 meter range and I can shoot a 5 shot group on a rest with any of my FBW's and all groups look about the same. ( The guns are FWB P44, FWB 700, FWB 800X, FWB 800 FT and FWB 65).

When I move to my outdoor 30 yard range things start to change, the FWB 800 FT clearly becomes the winner, but I can usually shoot better groups with my RAW TM 1000. Both the FWB 800 FT and TM1000 are capable of shooting one hole 10 shot groups at 30 yards. Besides the accuracy on this gun you also should consider the very fine trigger that you will have, clearly world class.

When I received the rifle I was getting 160 shots before it fell off the regulator, I am now getting about 110 shots per fill with the higher velocity. I also removed the gauge from the air cylinder and made a rapid fill for the rifle so I don't have to remove the cylinder to fill it.

I haven't been able to give the FWB 800 FT a fair evaluation due to the lousy weather over the last few months. I hope to get this gun sorted out in the next few months, I am now experimenting with pellet lubrication and pellet seating depth.

When a gun shoots as well as these it is like tuning a race car, any little thing can make a significant difference."

Return to “Feinwerkbau”