Sad loss R.I.P. Barny

BenGun
Go to Rifle: ISP,Pardini,Feinwerk
Where: Ramsgate

#1 Sad loss R.I.P. Barny

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:01 am

This was supposed to be an article about silent pellet traps and the use of duct seal putty.
After much searching for this stuff , which has got rave revues in the US of A , I managed to get some within UK .
It weighs a ton , is very flexible , and does not go hard , so will be easy to get spent pellets out , reform , put back in the target holder and start again .

But using this stuff resulted in the death of Barny , true fried , combat hero of many a battle , member of the armed forces for many years , the most decorated armed forces individual ever , indeed he first entered service in the 1960's .
The death of Barny was not deliberate , repeat not deliberate , even though it was a Blue on Blue incident ( not done by the a Yanks this time , which I must admit makes a change ) .
It was done by me , a heinous crime , for which I will probably never go to prison for , but will be haunted for the rest of my life .
Barny was in our garden shed minding his own business , unbeknown to him , I placed a slab of duct seal on the outside of the shed door at head hight to fire a pellet at , just to see how good this stuff was.
I stood at about 15 feet away ,took aim and fired.
I hit the target just off centre , but on closer inspection , and to my dismay the pellet had gone straits through the putty and the Shiplap wood of the door .
I opened the door to find Barny on the floor with his throat ripped out by a deformed pellet.
The way he was laying there it was obvious he was dead , with no hope of resuscitation .
This brave old soldier was in the wrong place at the wrong time .
Why would he want to sit on the shelf , directly behind the door at head height , it was asking for trouble .
We will never know.
Barny a The Action Man , who served by my side with me through many a tough fire fight , and many a long drawn out battle , who fought side by side with my lads , is sadly no more.

So the next time your in the pub , think of Barny , raise your glass in to this bravest of bravest hero warrior , and stand in peace and quite for one minute .

TO BARNY THE ACTION MAN HERO , PURCHASED IN WOOLWORTH ENFIELD NOVEMBER 1960's

R.I.P. Barny

Died with his boots on , the way he would of wanted to go.
Attachments
image.jpg

Return to “*** GENERAL CHAT / DISCUSSIONS / NEWS ***”